10/29/2011

Andy

Entrevista exclusiva á Revolver Magazine:Black Veil Brides - O Andy fala de como partiu o nariz

Exclusive Interview by Revolver Magazine:Black Veil Brides - Andy talks about his broken nose


“I’m bedridden in a hotel bed in London just sitting here collecting dirt on the blankets and ordering room service and being in pain. I can’t really breathe out of my nose, and it looks like I’m wearing a sleep mask made out of bruises.
“I was onstage doing my typical routine to entertain the crowd. I was rolling around and being crazy. Normally, before ‘Legacy’ goes into a breakdown-y guitar solo-y kind of part, I get down on my knees and do a mock prayer. I did that and then rolled backwards and stood up and I didn’t realize I was directly under the four-foot drum riser. I smashed the bone dead center on my skull. From above my eyebrows, right down the bridge of my nose, that’s where I cracked. I was unconscious for a second.
“I knew something terrible had happened immediately. I jumped up, but I was still in shock and I didn’t really feel it yet. I was rubbing my nose to try to figure out what was happening. And I ran into my tour manager at the side of the stage and I asked him if there was something wrong with my nose. And he looked at me like I was crazy and said it was huge and misshapen. That’s when the realization hit me that I was really hurt. I started getting really dizzy and stumbled my way offstage and got to the backstage area. I positioned myself in front of a mirror and saw it was huge and ridiculous. And that’s when the pain set in and it was pretty excruciating. But there wasn’t a lot of bleeding or anything because of where it broke.
“I went to the hospital in Luxembourg and nobody spoke English. They were really adamant about putting me on a stretcher, and I was very much against that. I walked very fast away from them. They took me in an ambulance right in front of where the fans are, and the last thing I want to do is be the guy who breaks his nose and then has to ride on a stretcher to the ambulance with his thumbs up in the air.
“I walked out with my tour manager and I was pretty dizzy, I couldn’t really see, but I was always pretty cognitive. The only thing I have right now because of the concussion is I feel like I’m watching one of those super druggy movies where all the lights have a trail. Everything I see, it’s as if it sort of has Vaseline around the edges and it’s a little nauseating to be honest. It’s hard to use a computer.
“Right now I’m trying to figure out what to do. I would really like to finish the tour. I’ve been advised against it. But I want to try. At the end of the day, if I have to go onstage and be in pain for 40 minutes I’m do my best to give the audience the show that they have already paid for.”

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário